You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-02 11:57:06

EmyrB

Compiz Woes

Hi All,

Getting some real headaches with compiz in gnome. I have followed the wiki for compiz and when I launch the fusion-icon from a command prompt I get this error scrolling up all the time:

GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)

Any ideas?

Cheers

EmyrB

Proud Arch Linux User

#2 2009-08-02 12:07:08

whoops

Re: Compiz Woes

Is anything not working as expected?
Do you have gconf support activated and no gconf installed/running?
Or session management plugin?

#3 2009-08-02 12:12:28

EmyrB

Re: Compiz Woes

I installed compiz-fusion-gtk as per the wiki. I get that error message, emerald doesn't do window decorations and nothing I select in ccsm works either, so basically broke sad

I removed the compiz package and reinstalled without the gconf backend, I don't get the error message no more, but still no emerald window decoration or compiz effects sad

Proud Arch Linux User

Board footer