You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-13 21:58:30

algorythm

[Solved] Unable to use ffmpegthumbnailer with videos

Hi,

I'd really like to use the ffmpegthumbnailer with my videos to replace the normal video icons. However neither installing totem or ffmpegthumbnailer works as when I open Gconf and go to 'apps > gnome > thumbnailers' and look for those video@foo keys, there are no keys in them!

Manually creating boolean key 'enable' and string key 'command' - 'ffmpegthumbnailer -i %i -o %o -s %s -f -t 15' won't work as when I click on those keys I created the key infos say "This key has no schema" but the 'command' key also says "This key is not writable" (screenies: http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/3677 … ration.png, http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/3677/s … ration.png).

So any ideas how can I make my video thumbnailers work?

- Thanks

Last edited by algorythm (2009-09-30 12:33:11)

“Talent you can bloom. Instinct you can polish.”  — Haikyuu!! (adapted)
“If everybody thought alike, no one would be thinking very much.”  — Walter Lippmann (adapted)
“The important thing is to be able, at any moment, to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.”  — Charles Dubois

#2 2009-08-14 18:10:39

djszapi
Website

Re: [Solved] Unable to use ffmpegthumbnailer with videos

#3 2009-08-14 19:33:45

algorythm

I thought this was already solved and I marked this as [solved] for a sec.

So whatever, I rebuilt thunar, thunar-archive-plugin, thunar-media-tags-plugin, thunar-thumbnailers, ffmpeg-thumbnailer, nautilus, pcmanfm with abs but that only made the video thumbnails to work with Thunar and Nautilus.

Last edited by algorythm (2009-08-21 14:48:47)

“Talent you can bloom. Instinct you can polish.”  — Haikyuu!! (adapted)
“If everybody thought alike, no one would be thinking very much.”  — Walter Lippmann (adapted)
“The important thing is to be able, at any moment, to sacrifice what we are for what we could become.”  — Charles Dubois

#4 2009-08-15 00:52:55

Nezmer
Website

algorythm wrote:

So I still need to make this work with PCManFM, but anyway thanks for your help so far smile.

Where did you get the idea PCManFM supports thumbnails ?

English is not my native language .

Board footer