You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-16 10:28:12

archiebald

How to show (u)mounted partitions in Thunar side pane?

Is there solution to show unmounted partition's in Thunar, like there is, for example in Nautilus? So, when I click on partition, it will dinamically mount on /media/

This is what I am talking about:
704573241999b63ef3b.th.jpg

This feature was in older versions, like Thunar 0.8.0 in Xubuntu 7.04.
I don't get it, why somebody dropped this feauture from Thunar, I was thinking that, new versions means improvement, not degradation of feautures. Even PCManFM which is lighter than Thunar, e.g. supports tabs.

Last edited by archiebald (2009-08-16 17:03:57)

#2 2009-08-16 19:38:48

djszapi
Website

Re: How to show (u)mounted partitions in Thunar side pane?

Hello Archiebald!

Is your post this one too ?
http://forum.xfce.org/index.php?topic=5175.0

If not you can follow that thread, I think more related answer will be there. If it don't work on ubuntu now too, it's upstream maybe.

#3 2009-08-17 03:01:42

Intrepid

I think you should just use pcmanfm honestly.  Unless you're using xfce.  but pcmanfm is in almost every way superior to thunar.

Intrepid (adj.): Resolutely courageous; fearless.

#4 2009-08-17 08:07:41

archiebald

djszapi wrote:

Hello Archiebald!
Is your post this one too ?
http://forum.xfce.org/index.php?topic=5175.0
If not you can follow that thread, I think more related answer will be there. If it don't work on ubuntu now too, it's upstream maybe.

Yes, that's my post. But I was croossposting, because I use Arch and Xfce. Xubuntu screenshot was just example how older version of Thunar 0.8.0 in Eisty and some say in Edgy to, had this feauture, which is a must have. To be honest, after two years, of dropping this feauture (propably, couple line of codes), I don't expect miracle. And somewhere I found some patch, to fix that, but it was not working. If this feauture is to "heavyweight", like tab support, the best way is to add Midnight Commander for default Xfce file manager.

Intrepid wrote:

I think you should just use pcmanfm honestly.  Unless you're using xfce.  but pcmanfm is in almost every way superior to thunar.

I don't like mixing apps if I use desktop environment, and Xfce's default file manager is Thunar ( I try to follow, "one app per task", Zenwalk philosophy, which is sometimes hard to follow).But I agree, PCManFM is great lightweight file manager and, if Thunar devs don't fix that, I will be forced to use PCManFM instead, which is shame because that way I will not use default file manager of Xfce.

Board footer