You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-17 12:39:34

celettu
Website

[SOLVED] PekWM + trayer + root menu

I'm trying out Pekwm, getting the config as similar as to what I'm used to in Openbox (which is working out rather nicely).

Thing is, in openbox I leave some margin at the top for my conky and trayer, like in this image. I found out how to do this in .pekwm/config, but when I rightclick that space (even the trayer) I get the pekWM root menu.

When I rightclick the icons in the tray I want the tray icon menu, not the PekWM menu. Any idea how to solve this?

Last edited by celettu (2009-08-18 21:10:27)

Keep it Simple, Sexy

#2 2009-08-18 14:02:46

pogeymanz

Re: [SOLVED] PekWM + trayer + root menu

I believe that you should look in the mouse config file and find the margin section. Then you can disable the right-click action for that particular margin.

#3 2009-08-18 20:38:41

celettu
Website

Re: [SOLVED] PekWM + trayer + root menu

Well, that only worked insofar that it didn't show the root menu, but it didn't show the client menu either smile

However, I've been able to solve it by starting trayer this way:

trayer --expand true --transparent true  --alpha 255 --edge top --align right --expand true --SetDockType true --SetPartialStrut true --widthtype request &

--SetPartialStrut true makes trayer stay on top and not be covered by maximized windows. Spent a couple of days looking for this one smile

San

Keep it Simple, Sexy

Board footer