You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-20 11:12:33

troncoso

Can't change Firefox default locale permanently

My system is in Spanish but I want to change Firefox's interface to en-GB. I can do that on a one-off basis, starting the application from the command line like this:

firefox -UILocale en-GB

but I want to have the interface changed without having to use command line switches.

I've read that giving the property "general.useragent.locale" a value of "en-GB" would do the trick, but it doesn't work on my system. I've also set "intl.locale.matchOS" to False, but again it's useless. I've also tried with a new profile, just in case there was something wrong with my default profile, but it doesn't work either.

Am I missing something? Is there a bug somewhere? Any help would be great! Thanks.

#2 2009-08-21 10:50:45

thisoldman

Re: Can't change Firefox default locale permanently

#3 2009-08-27 22:29:53

troncoso

Re: Can't change Firefox default locale permanently

Thanks, but the problem is that my Firefox installation doesn't seem to care about general.useragent.locale, and that's why Quick Locale Switcher, which sets that preference, does not work on my system.

Still, I've found a workaround. Change the command in the menu entry to
LANG=en_GB.utf8 firefox %u

That's better than "firefox -uilocale en-GB", because if I start Firefox like this, then it picks up my system locale again when an extension (e.g. Zotero) restarts the application.

Last edited by troncoso (2009-08-27 22:31:10)

Board footer