You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-26 23:18:25

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Good Mailing List reader (one IMAP folder)?

Hi all, been using Evolution, but the way it handles tons of ML posts which have accumulated overnight bothers me, so much so I sometimes just go back to gmail's UI (single convo for each thread rocks!). Thunderbird doesn't handle things very much differently. In this case 'things' refers to having all my mailing list mail come into a single IMAP folder, with threads that can stretch to several dozen mails (one of the smaller kernel-related MLs) and many active threads at the same time (for example, the dovecot ML).

What do you all use to read your MLs? Any other mailing client good for this? Wouldn't mind just using evo for my 'normal' mails, contacts, and calendaring, having a side app which accesses IMAP just to read the MLs (the IMAP server is local on my machine anyway). Thanks for your ideas.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#2 2009-08-27 03:39:54

AndyRTR
Developer

Re: Good Mailing List reader (one IMAP folder)?

claws-mail with imap via local dovecot here

#3 2009-08-27 03:46:07

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Good Mailing List reader (one IMAP folder)?

Hi AndyRTR, thanks for dropping by. If I may presume to ask more questions, what's good about claws-mail? What do you like about it? Is it more intuitive to you in the handling of ML threads?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer