You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-01 02:27:09

milasch

Virtualbox Arch Linux guests and acpi shutdown

Hello everybody,

I have in my home computer 2 arch linux guests installed on a Windows 7 host, each for its own purpose. I created a small batch script that will boot both of them on windows startup.

Here's what I want to achieve:

When I ask windows to shutdown I want both arch linux guests to receive a shutdown signal and they can start their shutdown processes. This way I won't have to worry everytime to manually execute shutdown -h now as root.

I tried to close the guests windows and ask virtualbox to send the shutdown signal to see how it would function and it simply doesn't do anything. This means the signal isn't being caught properly by the guests.

I have added rc.vboxadd in the daemons array in rc.conf but it doesn't do any good.

The module button which handles acpi button is being shown in lsmod.

The logs at /var/log doesn't help, I mean, it's possible that the signal isn't being caught at all.

I don't know where else to look.

A hand here?

Thanks

#2 2011-02-22 19:35:29

Dave Cohen

Re: Virtualbox Arch Linux guests and acpi shutdown

Same problem, using libvirt on an arch box, running a virtual arch machine.  The virtual machine responds to neither the shutdown nor reboot buttons on the virt-manager.

Did you ever solve the problem?

#3 2011-02-22 19:37:08

Inxsible
Forum Fellow

Re: Virtualbox Arch Linux guests and acpi shutdown

Dave, this thread is 2 years old. Lots could have and has changed since then.

Please do not necro bump threads. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fo … Bumping.27

Closing...

Forum Rules

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots !

Board footer