You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-18 21:24:36

niblet

[SOLVED] Openbox alt-tab window cycling question

Hi,
I just switched over to openbox from fluxbox and there is just one minor issue bothering me: I can't seem to configure openbox to actually show the window as I'm cyling through windows (default behavior of fluxbox) as oppose to only showing window borders.  I've checked the files in ~/.config/openbox and downloaded the openbox configuration GUI and I can't seem to find an option to change this behavior.  Any ideas?

Last edited by niblet (2009-10-19 15:14:17)

#2 2009-10-18 21:56:48

Acecero

Re: [SOLVED] Openbox alt-tab window cycling question

Time for a feature request?

#3 2009-10-19 10:20:50

dobedo

niblet wrote:

Hi,
I just switched over to openbox from fluxbox and there is just one minor issue bothering me: I can't seem to configure openbox to actually show the window as I'm cyling through windows (default behavior of fluxbox) as oppose to only showing window borders.  I've checked the files in ~/.config/openbox and downloaded the openbox configuration GUI and I can't seem to find an option to change this behavior.  Any ideas?

Is it the "raised" option you are looking for ?

http://icculus.org/openbox/index.php/He … NextWindow

NextWindow 
Cycles focus to the next window. 

Option  Default Value  Description  
<dialog>  yes  A boolean (yes/no) which specifies if a dialog is shown on screen with icons for all the windows which can be focused.  
<bar>  yes  A boolean (yes/no) which specifies if the focus indicator is shown which highlights the window that will be focused. (As of version 3.4.6)  
<raise>  no  A boolean (yes/no) which specifies if windows are temporarily raised to the front while cycling through them. (As of version 3.4.6)  
<allDesktops>  no  A boolean (yes/no) which when enabled lets you cycle focus between windows on all desktops, instead of only on the current desktop.  
<panels>  no  A boolean (yes/no) which when enabled lets you cycle focus to/between panel windows such as your taskbar. This can be combined with <desktop>.  
<desktop>  no  A boolean (yes/no) which when enabled lets you cycle focus to the desktop window, if one exists (such as in GNOME or KDE). This can be combined with <panels>.  
<linear>  no  A boolean (yes/no) which when enabled causes focus to cycle in a fixed ordering, rather than in the order which windows have been last focused.  
<finalactions>  Focus, Raise, Unshade  A list of actions to run on the window which the user finally selects using this action.

#4 2009-10-19 12:42:20

ammon

How to map that function to alt+tab dobedo?

#5 2009-10-19 14:49:55

dobedo

ammon wrote:

How to map that function to alt+tab dobedo?

Well, I can't test it now as I'm at work, but will when I'll be at home.
Something like this:

<keybind key="A-Tab">
  <action name="NextWindow">
    <raise>yes</raise>
  </action>
</keybind>

#6 2009-10-19 15:06:14

niblet

Thanks, dobedo.  That does exactly what I want it to do.:)

#7 2009-10-19 15:10:38

dobedo

You're welcome!

#8 2009-10-19 15:15:48

ammon

thank you dobedo

Board footer