You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-22 06:03:03

Stromblad

E17, hiding mounted devices, "places" gadget, cursor

I recently got pretty fed up with gnome and its atrociously slow startup/logout times and switched to E17....I must say its OMG awesome...but
It shows the boot and root partitions, as well as a "downloads" folder on the desktop that I cant seem to get rid of...even though gnome is annoying it seems a whole lot easier to configure when it comes to this sort of thing
I would like to know if anyone knows how to hide the mounted volumes or any other clutter off the desktop.

Next is the "places" gadget, this has to be the most convenient thing ever-- it seems however, to be completely unconfigureanle, I would really like to be able to set custom icons to fit my theme

lastly, the cursor that themes set does not stick when viewing webpages etc...

any advice?

#2 2009-10-22 07:42:47

pressh
Developer/TU

Re: E17, hiding mounted devices, "places" gadget, cursor

Stromblad wrote:

It shows the boot and root partitions, as well as a "downloads" folder on the desktop that I cant seem to get rid of...

settings manager -> files -> file manager -> behavior -> show desktop icons
settings manager -> files -> file manager -> hal -> show hal icons on desktop

Stromblad wrote:

even though gnome is annoying it seems a whole lot easier to configure when it comes to this sort of thing
I would like to know if anyone knows how to hide the mounted volumes or any other clutter off the desktop.

that wasn't really so hard was it wink

Stromblad wrote:

Next is the "places" gadget, this has to be the most convenient thing ever-- it seems however, to be completely unconfigureanle, I would really like to be able to set custom icons to fit my theme

not too sure but I think it may be hardcoded. You'd have to modify the source in that case.

Stromblad wrote:

lastly, the cursor that themes set does not stick when viewing webpages etc...

one way is to set your cursor theme in ~/.Xdefaults and in the enlightenment settings chose 'use X cursor'

Board footer