You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-23 00:06:09

kjon

battery issue

On first instance, I was pulling my hair out of my head. I couldn't believe that my battery got worn that much in only 3 weeks.

kjon@kjon-nc10 ~  $ cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/*
alarm:                   unsupported
present:                 yes
design capacity:         5200 mAh
last full capacity:      4600 mAh
battery technology:      rechargeable
design voltage:          11100 mV
design capacity warning: 0 mAh
design capacity low:     138 mAh
capacity granularity 1:  1 mAh
capacity granularity 2:  1 mAh
model number:            
serial number:           
battery type:            LION
OEM info:                SAMSUNG Electronics
present:                 yes
capacity state:          ok
charging state:          charging
present rate:            710 mA
remaining capacity:      4462 mAh
present voltage:         12580 mV

Fortunately, when I ran virtualbox and I asked everest about my batt, it told me that my latest full capacity was 5000 mAh. Far more reasonable than the 4600 mAh (that's 33% wearing).

So.... what's going wrong here?. Any hint to solve this?

p.s. My machine: nc10.

Last edited by kjon (2009-10-23 00:20:34)

They say that if you play a Win cd backward you hear satanic messages. That's nothing! 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs windows.

#2 2009-10-23 01:24:29

kjon

Re: battery issue

bump!

Really no one is experiencing this issue?. C'mon. The 'archlinux on nc10' thread is huge... xD

They say that if you play a Win cd backward you hear satanic messages. That's nothing! 'cause if you play it forwards, it installs windows.

#3 2009-10-23 02:19:57

makimaki

My battery also reported a charge of 4600 mAh, the only difference is that I've had mine for nearly a year now.

I don't know the significance of the reported values, but you should ask around.

Also, you shouldn't bump, especially after only one hour, not everyone checks the forum regularly, and I know the NC10 is quite popular in Europe. So don't expect a reply from most europeans for at least a few hours; it's 03:18 here in Ireland at the moment.

====* -- Joke
    O
    \|/ --- Me
    / \             Whooooosh

#4 2009-10-23 11:44:57

kjon

Okay, sorry for bumping. I was just too scared of the values I've found. That's all.

I live in Chile, and here is quite difficult to get some replacement batteries. Moreover, the warranty politics are quite hardened. Most batteries *aren't* changed if they show issues like this one. Fortunately, the correct reading was from everest, and not from /proc.

Board footer