You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-24 21:15:54

mcover

Strange mouse click behaviour, (GTK?) buttons don't work

Hey,

I have had this problem since the last major upgrade, which included Kernel, Xfce, Xorg. Sadly I can't pinpoint this problem, that's why I wanted to ask if anybody else has the same problem and they have figured out what the cause is.

Essentially this mostly happens with the Xfce panel, while clicking on a Laucher button. I click on a button, which works, then release mouse1, but then the button seems to be still pressed, as if mouse1 was not released. When the mouse leaves the area, the button "pops up" again, but when hovering over the button again, it looks like pressed again, even though it's not.

That's not all that bad, but what happened recently, is while using Eclipse some (very random) buttons simply won't work at all. All this while they seem pressed, even though mouse1 has been released. I then have to use the keyboard to activate the button.

I don't mind the Xfce problem so much, but I need Eclipse for work, and it just can't be the solution that I have to use the Keyboard when a button doesn't seem to work. The problem seems to be limited to button-like (including Tabs) GTK GUI elements. No problem with Qt yet.

This is a laptop computer, with a normal touchpad and a USB mouse attached to it.

And my mouse is NOT broken, as I have tested with a number of different mice and even other OSes on the same machine with same hardware configuration!

Thanks,
m.

#2 2009-10-24 21:19:02

mcover

Re: Strange mouse click behaviour, (GTK?) buttons don't work

Okay the Eclipse problem is described and solved here: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=82894

But that doesn't explain the Xfce problem. Anyone a suggestion for that?

#3 2009-10-24 21:19:38

Peasantoid
Website

Re: Strange mouse click behaviour, (GTK?) buttons don't work

This may be related to the issue where buttons in Flash embeds don't work. You can probably 'fix' the issue by downgrading gtk2 to 2.16.5.

## Actually maybe not. Meh.

Last edited by Peasantoid (2009-10-24 21:20:24)

Board footer