You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-28 04:19:59

xXZeroXx

fluxbox crashes if called with exec startfluxbox [SOLVED]

Hello, I've got a problem with fluxbox, you see, whenever I try to get it started editing my .xinitrc and adding "exec startfluxbox" it just crashes over and over, hoewever if I put "exec fluxbox" all starts ok.

What can I do in order to prevent it from crashing?

There was something in the wiki about it but now it's just broken.
"If it crashes on startup, it may be a locale problem. Setting LC_ALL to the default "C" locale, may avoid this crash. 1"

Also, if I use a login manager, it just keeps crashing and crashing.

Last edited by xXZeroXx (2009-11-28 15:58:05)

#2 2009-11-28 15:57:36

xXZeroXx

Re: fluxbox crashes if called with exec startfluxbox [SOLVED]

Solved, this was the problem.

"When you start X, either via 'startx' or by your display manager, it runs startfluxbox which ends up running this ~/.fluxbox/startup script. When this script reaches its end, the X server will shut down (or you will return to your login manager). This is why by default you must have exec fluxbox as the final line in your script, or in the latter case, the wait $fbpid line, both of which will suspend the script's execution until fluxbox exits. This ensures the X server keeps running for as long as fluxbox itself is running, which is usually what you want - Your session will be really short otherwise wink "

I just followed the instructions at http://fluxbox-wiki.org/index.php?title … artup_file

Board footer