You are not logged in.

#1 2004-12-17 18:45:03

dp
Member
From: Zürich, Switzerland
Registered: 2003-05-27
Posts: 3,366
Website

ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

wombat5gu.png


The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Offline

#2 2004-12-17 18:47:05

dp
Member
From: Zürich, Switzerland
Registered: 2003-05-27
Posts: 3,366
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat


The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Offline

#3 2004-12-17 22:13:33

cactus
Taco Eater
From: t͈̫̹ͨa͖͕͎̱͈ͨ͆ć̥̖̝o̫̫̼s͈̭̱̞͍̃!̰
Registered: 2004-05-25
Posts: 4,615
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

yay!
go wombat with the evil eye!


"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Offline

#4 2004-12-21 00:52:32

FoPref
Member
From: Erlangen / Germany
Registered: 2004-03-24
Posts: 96
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

looks very cool, but I don't really can get friends with the colors used... perhaps there could be found a cleaner color scheme.

just a suggestion.

Offline

#5 2004-12-21 04:45:30

rasat
Forum Fellow
From: Finland, working in Romania
Registered: 2002-12-27
Posts: 2,176
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

What is a wombat?

The wombat is a cute-looking furry creature which is native to Australia.
To be more specific, wombats are a family of species of the marsupial
order, and there are actually three species within the wombat family. The
wombat digs burrows, is mainly nocturnal, and mainly eats grasses.

Wombats do not appear clever or agile (for instance they prefer to barge
through any obstacle rather than figure out a way round it) and this has
made them an object of derision in Australia where "you wombat" is an
accusation of clumsiness or stupidity. In fact, however, although they
are extremely stubborn, wombats have proportionally the largest brain of
all the marsupials and in captivity are easily house-trained and recognise
their pet name when it is spoken.

http://serf.org/womFAQ.txt

Offline

#6 2004-12-21 10:12:40

IceRAM
Member
From: Bucharest, Romania
Registered: 2004-03-04
Posts: 772
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

Hmm.. then... I guess the wombats comming with kde-artwork are polar-wombats... big_smile

Oh... I still can't believe what Linux does to our nature!

Offline

#8 2004-12-21 10:47:57

dp
Member
From: Zürich, Switzerland
Registered: 2003-05-27
Posts: 3,366
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

FoPref wrote:

looks very cool, but I don't really can get friends with the colors used... perhaps there could be found a cleaner color scheme.

just a suggestion.

can you be more specific? (what colour?)

the file exists in SVG and can be modified freely (PD)


The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Offline

#9 2004-12-21 11:13:33

lanrat
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2003-10-28
Posts: 1,274

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

BTW you left some white space. Or it's not a space....  :twisted:

Offline

#10 2004-12-21 11:28:00

FoPref
Member
From: Erlangen / Germany
Registered: 2004-03-24
Posts: 96
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

I just don't like the whole color arrangement (apart from the black). It looks not fitting for me. The standard-blue color just looks odd, the yellow is too aggressive ...

The font color is the most annoying to me.

Well, it could just be a question of taste (sorry if my comments sound destructive). I don't know which colors I would use... I'm not a graphic guy..

Offline

#11 2004-12-21 12:46:32

dp
Member
From: Zürich, Switzerland
Registered: 2003-05-27
Posts: 3,366
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

FoPref wrote:

I just don't like the whole color arrangement (apart from the black). It looks not fitting for me. The standard-blue color just looks odd, the yellow is too aggressive ...

The font color is the most annoying to me.

Well, it could just be a question of taste (sorry if my comments sound destructive). I don't know which colors I would use... I'm not a graphic guy..

i understand ...

i'm not a graphic guy either ... i only know how a wombat looks like and how to scan my drawing, vectorize it with potrace and then make a SVG of it

your comment does no t sound destructive ... any feedback is welcome ... i'll try to change the colours a little


The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Offline

#12 2004-12-21 12:55:38

dp
Member
From: Zürich, Switzerland
Registered: 2003-05-27
Posts: 3,366
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat


The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Offline

#13 2004-12-21 13:08:33

dp
Member
From: Zürich, Switzerland
Registered: 2003-05-27
Posts: 3,366
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

lanrat wrote:

BTW you left some white space. Or it's not a space....  :twisted:

fixed ... thanx! (potrace made this while vectorizing my drawing)


The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Offline

#14 2004-12-21 14:28:52

lanrat
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2003-10-28
Posts: 1,274

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

Looks much better now.

Offline

#15 2004-12-21 19:49:49

cactus
Taco Eater
From: t͈̫̹ͨa͖͕͎̱͈ͨ͆ć̥̖̝o̫̫̼s͈̭̱̞͍̃!̰
Registered: 2004-05-25
Posts: 4,615
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

what about the dot in the middle of the 0..that looks odd.


"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Offline

#16 2004-12-21 20:50:42

dp
Member
From: Zürich, Switzerland
Registered: 2003-05-27
Posts: 3,366
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

cactus wrote:

what about the dot in the middle of the 0..that looks odd.

that's bitstream vera sans mono ... you can vectorize the char and remove the dot, if you want ;-)


The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Offline

#17 2004-12-21 20:54:49

phrakture
Arch Overlord
From: behind you
Registered: 2003-10-29
Posts: 7,879
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

i rather like the real picture of the wombat myself... I think that should be the logo.... perhaps a real wombat in a santa hat.... or wearing a tshirt with the arch logo

Offline

#18 2004-12-21 20:59:13

oscar
Member
From: Linköping, Sweden
Registered: 2004-08-13
Posts: 457

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

http://fluff.rosamoln.org/oscar/screens … wombat.png

somewhere between converting my wombat from svg to png, my wombat became evil  :shock:


To err is human... to really foul up requires the root password.

Offline

#19 2004-12-21 22:53:20

FoPref
Member
From: Erlangen / Germany
Registered: 2004-03-24
Posts: 96
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

indeed much better now although it's just a little bit dark for a logo (of that size)... I would use a much brighter color for the text so that it stands more in contrast to the background (the wombat)

Offline

#20 2004-12-21 23:04:53

cactus
Taco Eater
From: t͈̫̹ͨa͖͕͎̱͈ͨ͆ć̥̖̝o̫̫̼s͈̭̱̞͍̃!̰
Registered: 2004-05-25
Posts: 4,615
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

phrakture wrote:

i rather like the real picture of the wombat myself... I think that should be the logo.... perhaps a real wombat in a santa hat.... or wearing a tshirt with the arch logo

santa-wombat.png

Archlinux 0.7 the "Santa Wombat" Release?

lol


"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Offline

#21 2004-12-21 23:12:26

dp
Member
From: Zürich, Switzerland
Registered: 2003-05-27
Posts: 3,366
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

cactus wrote:
phrakture wrote:

i rather like the real picture of the wombat myself... I think that should be the logo.... perhaps a real wombat in a santa hat.... or wearing a tshirt with the arch logo

santa-wombat.png

Archlinux 0.7 the "Santa Wombat" Release?

lol

i vote for this one! excellent!!!!


The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

Offline

#22 2004-12-21 23:36:09

phrakture
Arch Overlord
From: behind you
Registered: 2003-10-29
Posts: 7,879
Website

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

merry christmas wombats!

Offline

#23 2004-12-22 01:29:20

lanrat
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2003-10-28
Posts: 1,274

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

oscar wrote:

http://fluff.rosamoln.org/oscar/screens … wombat.png

somewhere between converting my wombat from svg to png, my wombat became evil  :shock:

ROTFL. It's not evil. It's ninja wombat :-)

Offline

#24 2004-12-22 08:59:35

judfilm
Member
Registered: 2004-02-12
Posts: 229

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

Offline

#25 2004-12-22 09:58:25

oscar
Member
From: Linköping, Sweden
Registered: 2004-08-13
Posts: 457

Re: ArchLinux 0.7 Wombat

lanrat wrote:
oscar wrote:

http://fluff.rosamoln.org/oscar/screens … wombat.png

somewhere between converting my wombat from svg to png, my wombat became evil  :shock:

ROTFL. It's not evil. It's ninja wombat :-)

No sir, you are incorrect!
It's a wanna be santa ninja wombat! big_smile


To err is human... to really foul up requires the root password.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB