You are not logged in.

#1 2010-03-25 20:49:54

knopwob
Website

[solved]Firefox segfaults on start

Hi,

since the last update my firefox segfaults on startup.

knopwob@desktop ~ % firefox
[1]    20712 segmentation fault (core dumped)  firefox

I tried downgrading firefox (together with xulrunner) but nothing changed. I've also rebuild firefox from abs, tried icecat and icecat-bin from AUR. All behave the same. I tried kazehakase to sort out that it's a problem with xulrunner and kazehakase runs fine.

I've also removed the .mozilla folder in my /home so it's not caused by a plugin either.

Allways the same.

After that, i downloaded firefox vom mozilla.org extracted it in /tmp and run that.
With that i get:

(crashreporter:23793): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_sensitive: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

And the crashreporter window pops up.

So i downgraded gtk2, too. Still the same.
And now, i'm stuck and don't know, where to look further.

All packages are up to date (except the ones i downgraded). I can't surely say, that it's caused by an update, since my computer was running for some days with firefox allways open and i update my system at least once a day. I noticed this just because of the latest kernel update, for which i rebooted the computer.
So does anyone have an idea, where i should look into next?

Last edited by knopwob (2010-04-02 20:58:23)

#2 2010-04-02 21:00:54

knopwob
Website

Re: [solved]Firefox segfaults on start

just for the record:

after running firefox through gdb i figured out, the segfault was caused by /usr/lib/libz.so.1
After reinstalling zlib, everythings working fine again. But i have no idea, what has damaged zlib.

Board footer