You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-13 17:04:42

Jejel59

Alsa issue with speaker's level (Dell Mini 10)

Hi,
I purposed to install the beautiful world of Linux on the laptop of a friend, but I mainly encounter two issues. I've searched in the Internet for this issues, but it was generally outdated.
I have split that in two topics in hoping that it could be solved faster.. (the other: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=156104)

The netbook is a Dell Mini 10, and I've choose to install Cinnamon and LXDM. All packages are up to date from the non-testing repo (linux, systemd, xorg-server, pulseaudio, alsa, ..).

The sound works properly (output/input and headphone/speaker), but there is an issue with the speaker level's store (it's what I think).
When I plug in headphone, speaker is muted, its level is 0 and there is sound in headphone (its level is 100).
When I plug out headphone, speaker is well unmuted, but its level is still 0 as a result that there is no sound.. (Nevertheless headphone is well muted).
I've noticed that thanks to the alsamixer. I didn't change anything in configuration of alsa and pulseaudio.
I tried to store headphone level after setting it to 100 (with 'alsactl store'), but the problem is the same.

Here is some information about the sound card:

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation NM10/ICH7 Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:27d8] (rev 02)
    Subsystem: Dell Device [1028:02f4]
    Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel

Thank you very much for your help!
Jerome

Last edited by Jejel59 (2013-01-13 22:18:13)

Board footer