You are not logged in.

#1 2013-01-22 05:00:09

Alidaco

[SOLVED] Help with Icon Themes in Gnome 3

I have spent way too much time trying to change my icon theme in gnome 3 lately. I cant seem to get everything to change properly through any method. I've used the gnome tweak tool and by manually editing the config files. Recently, I've somehow managed to change the icons, but folder icons remain unchanged and boring. I'd really appreciate some help because it's pretty frustrating being defeated by such a seemingly simple task.

Thanks!

[EDIT]
Solution: I made the stupid mistake of downloading just a set of icons and not a full icon theme. At the time, I wasn't aware that there was a difference between the two. After downloading a full icon theme and placing it in ~/.icons/ the gnome tweak tool had no problems making the changes.

Last edited by Alidaco (2013-01-25 03:13:56)

#2 2013-01-22 05:59:54

oboedad55

Re: [SOLVED] Help with Icon Themes in Gnome 3

Alidaco wrote:

I have spent way too much time trying to change my icon theme in gnome 3 lately. I cant seem to get everything to change properly through any method. I've used the gnome tweak tool and by manually editing the config files. Recently, I've somehow managed to change the icons, but folder icons remain unchanged and boring. I'd really appreciate some help because it's pretty frustrating being defeated by such a seemingly simple task.

Thanks!

Need some more info, like what you've tried to install, and where you put the files, what config files you edited, etc.

Registered Linux user #436067

#3 2013-01-22 06:05:12

TK

Re: [SOLVED] Help with Icon Themes in Gnome 3

For me a simple add of the wanted icon pack in /usr/shar/icons/"dir of your icon-pack"
and a select in the gnome-tweak-tool was enough.

Did you copy it to the path above?
If not: Do you have the permission to read the directory in which your icons are placed in?

Which "config files" did you edit?

Board footer