You are not logged in.

#1 2013-02-17 14:04:26

azb

[SOLVED] DWM questions (about pango patch)

Hi, I'm using user illusionist patches, and pango patch seems to mess up the statusbar if font is defined like

"-*-terminus-medium-r-*-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*";

or

"-*-stlarch-medium-r-*-*-11-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"",""-*-terminus-medium-r-*-*-13-*-*-*-*-*-*-*";

Statusbar becomes almost invisible - only few pixles high.

Also, could someone link info about some patches. Couldn't find anything about them:
1. bgtag
2. enternotify  [edit: afaik this disables mouse-follows-focus]
3. occupiedcol

Thanks!

Last edited by azb (2013-02-17 21:25:29)

#2 2013-02-17 15:44:05

Ashren
Website

Re: [SOLVED] DWM questions (about pango patch)

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/dwm-pango/

You might find the information about pango markup interesting.

#3 2013-02-17 19:40:49

ANOKNUSA

It's generally considered a bad idea to just slap random code together without knowing what it is.  The reason you can't find information on those patches is probably that Illusionist wrote them from scratch.  Contact the maintainer for information.

#4 2013-02-17 20:37:35

illusionist

I replied to your questions in the mail.
The pango patch I am using is different from the one available on the internet. I made it to work with my setup. It is xft+pango. Most people only use one. Also it is a pangofix patch not the pango patch. It fixes the problems I was having with pango.
You should use one patch at a time to see if it works for you the way you want or not. Also since it is a custom setup, you may need to make it work for you.

Last edited by illusionist (2013-02-17 20:40:10)

Never argue with stupid people,They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.--Mark Twain
@github

#5 2013-02-17 21:25:00

azb

ANOKNUSA wrote:

It's generally considered a bad idea to just slap random code together without knowing what it is.

I'm very much aware of that. It's just I'm not that fluent in C and well, due to lack of time would like to fast-forward with setting up DWM. Stumbled upon illusionist's repo and he had basically the setup I was after (minus few patches). In the future it will probably be inevitable but to dig into code if extra functionality becomes necessary.

illusionist wrote:

I replied to your questions in the mail.

Just saw it now. Appreciate your work!

Sorry for the noobery. Case closed.

Board footer