You are not logged in.

#1 2016-04-22 08:00:05

piedro

df doesn't show any folder usage on sshfs mounts?

Hello!

WIth systemd automount I mount a folder on my NAS to /media/nas/ as a user for on demand usage.
I've set up everything according to the arch wiki here: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/SSHFS

Now this seems to work nicely but when I use "df" to show my mounts I always get 0% of usage on the mount.
I can see the files in nautilus though but nautilus also shows me no usage info. The mount shows that it is empty according to filesize under all circumstances...

Strange thing is that nautilus show individual file sizes correctly.

Is there a mount option that I have to enable here?

Anyone has the same problem?
Any solutions or ideas?

Thx for helping me out,
p.

#2 2016-04-22 09:40:30

frostschutz

Re: df doesn't show any folder usage on sshfs mounts?

Does your mount cross filesystem boundaries on the remote end? Network filesystems export entire directory trees, for example you could export your entire / to another machine (so that machine can pull a backup of all your data or whatever), how much free space should the other machine see in df output for the entire filesystem mounted in /mnt/server, if there is 5G free in /mnt/server/, 20G free in /mnt/server/home, 10G in /mnt/server/var/www/, ...? It's odd but not uncommon for a network/remote file system to not be able to show the free space.

Last edited by frostschutz (2016-04-22 09:40:42)

#3 2016-04-28 15:06:55

piedro

Re: df doesn't show any folder usage on sshfs mounts?

thx for your info!

no it doesn't cross boundaries...

hmm, I use cifs now, that works. not pretty but I have to know when it's filling up...

p.

Board footer