You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-12 12:06:24

akelian

Kernel and EFIvar Update

Hi,

After looking throught the wiki it seems that we should be carefull while updating the kernel.
Today linux 4.7.1, efivar 0.24.1 and nvidia 367.35-2 updates appered in discover.

I have looked in Arch News but nothing related to those updates, and the efivar package released yesterday was also flagged out of date yesterday...

I'm confuse whereas I should or not make those updates, and what to check before so ?

Thanks

#2 2016-08-12 13:08:58

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Kernel and EFIvar Update

the efivar update has coincidentally overlapped with a new release upstream (nothing to worry about really) and the kernel has been in testing for a while and deemed stable by the developers. Nevertheless you could wait a bit and monitor the forums if people are reporting problems with hardware configurations similar to yours or take the plunge and update and be proactive in helping with potential issues.

General rule of thumb, could you live  with a couple of hours of potential downtime? You should update. If the kernel turns out to be breaking it is relatively easy to downgrade or install linux-lts or similar from a live usb.

Board footer