You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-12 21:02:34

zaphona

No keyboard input at login after update

Hey guys,

I just updated today and it seems that the login screen does not let me type in the password. The keyboard works, as I can drop to tty, and if I drag any element in the password field then reset the session, it takes input - but as you imagine this a very annoying workaround.

At the moment, I set lightdm to login automatically, but would like to find out the the problem.

I looked in various logs, but nothing seems obvious. The only weird this is in the lightdm log:

Could not run plymouth --ping: Failed to execute child process "plymouth" (No such file or directory)

Help, please?

#2 2016-10-12 22:41:43

onslow77

Re: No keyboard input at login after update

Hello!

You are not the only one according to this: https://forum.antergos.com/topic/5164/k … -22-update

Regards
Martin

It is advised to follow the How to post guide when posting on the Arch forum. If one consciously jumps over these elementary steps like reading the wiki and providing necessary information about the problem, one can be regarded as a Help Vampire.

#3 2016-10-12 23:31:47

preginald

Re: No keyboard input at login after update

Hey I have the same problem too and same workaround to yours.

I worked on my laptop last night and then shut the lid to end the session. This morning I went to log back into my session and at first I thought my keyboard had crapped out but the keyboard works in the other tty sessions.

Board footer