You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-30 21:58:12

DanielMzLz

Unable to lock screen with KDE

Recently I've been experience a lot of minor issues with KDE, but the one that has motivated me to ask is this one. About a tenth of the times I try to lock my screen, the system just ends up freezing (except the mouse, for some strange reason) and I have to hold the power button down if I wish to interact again with my system. Naturally, this is incredibly unhealthy for the long term stability of my system. Has anyone else experienced this? It's not happening on my laptop, so I assume it has something to do with Nvidia drivers (again :/). Is there a fix available, or should I try to downgrade packages and see if that works?

Cheers.

Should've investigated more before posting lmaooo.
Not fixed but a better thread right here https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=257327

Last edited by DanielMzLz (2020-07-30 22:08:43)

#2 2020-07-31 06:05:28

d_fajardo

Re: Unable to lock screen with KDE

@DanielMzLz You can file a bug report as well with nvidia. Making more noises might make them listen.
1. Run this in terminal:
sudo nvidia-bug-report.sh
This will create nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file
2. Send this file and how to reproduce issue to this email: linux-bugs [ at ] nvidia [ dot ] com

#3 2020-08-05 02:58:56

DanielMzLz

Re: Unable to lock screen with KDE

d_fajardo wrote:

@DanielMzLz You can file a bug report as well with nvidia. Making more noises might make them listen.
1. Run this in terminal:
sudo nvidia-bug-report.sh
This will create nvidia-bug-report.log.gz file
2. Send this file and how to reproduce issue to this email: linux-bugs [ at ] nvidia [ dot ] com

excellent, gonna do that!

Board footer