You are not logged in.

#26 Yesterday 21:24:23

seth

Re: Nvidia and systemd .... I can't resume properly.

Ah, soory - I confused you for the OP.
The overall situation is known and the 555xx drivers actually disable the user session freeze - saronno probably has a somewhat different issue (also the session freeze will break the suspend *entirely*, not cause some black session sometims)

#27 Yesterday 21:34:25

NotYourAlejandro

lol no worries tongue
I'm not 100% sure what OP's issue is, but mine was mostly about visual corruption when resuming from suspend on Wayland, and for some reason I was curious as to why some userspace applications were preventing suspend (leaving the system in a hung black-screen-but-still-awake state) on both my desktop and laptop. I had that same log entry and the problem behavior appears to be quite similar, so fingers crossed this works for OP.

On another note, I do wonder why that environment variable is set to 0 in the first place. The mailing list says it's a known issue that could cause some sort of issues with the nvidia proprietary driver, but I wish I knew what the issue(s) were. I might do some deeper investigation since I'm kinda bored and curious.

#28 Yesterday 22:14:54

NotYourAlejandro

Well, after some brief searching, it appears this is a known regression in systemd version 256 (which would explain why this thread is so recent). A fix for this has been made and has been pushed appropriately. Of course, all of this is assuming this was the solution to OP's issue in the first place.
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/33626

#29 Yesterday 22:20:41

seth

#30 Yesterday 22:29:26

NotYourAlejandro

Neat, I'm glad that's the case.

Best of luck, OP, to figuring this out.

Board footer