You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-17 14:17:05

problemkenner

LXDE - some problems

Hello anyone,

I have just installed LXDE and I am very suprised of how fast and stable it works. However there are some problems I still could not solve.

1. My LxPanel can not be displayed correctly from the beginnings and blinks a long time until it could be shown.

2. Clicking the right mouse -> Applications on the desktop there are not all of the applications listed you could find in the context menu of the panel.

3. I installed LXNM from the AUR to manage my Wlan connection but how does this work? The default networkconnector placed in the panel can only handle my eth0.

4. Most of the installed programs like Firefox, Pidgin or even the context menu of LXDE are looking really ugly (especially the menus). How can I pimp them a litte bit?

5. Some programs like Opera have no Icons of their open windows in the panel during the are running.

Thats enough for the first time.  Thanks for your attention smile

#2 2009-02-17 17:37:49

der_joachim
Website

Re: LXDE - some problems

What is your underlying window manager? For the moment, I am assuming that you use Openbox, since that is pretty standard.

Openbox has a GUI configuration application, which enables you to preview themes and configure them. There is also obmenu, which enables you to edit your menu.

If you use openbox, that should at least solve 2 and 4. As for 3, I prefer WICD, which handles both wired and wireless connectios. ATM, I cannot help you with points 1 and 5, since I can't reproduce them.

Geek, runner, motorcyclist and professional know-it-all

#3 2009-02-17 18:04:29

Wintervenom

One, when it finally shows up, remove the network applet(s).

Last edited by Wintervenom (2009-02-17 18:04:39)

#4 2009-02-17 18:15:55

flowheat

Two posts with some really solid advice for people getting started with LXDE are at:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=64603

AND

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=62088

I also reccomend using WICD.  Never really tried using LXNM.

Board footer