You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-04 16:51:14

iosonofabio

SCIM wiki page updated

Hi!
After struggling for many days (not continuously!) about SCIM not working properly in my Openbox, I finally got it to work as expected. I consequently modified the WIKI page in order to help others which need this system to write in chinese or other nonlatin languages.

Please anyone using SCIM and experiencing problems read the new wiki page and feedback whether it is now working or not.

Cheers,
Fabio

#2 2009-03-04 17:53:19

Runiq

Re: SCIM wiki page updated

I've been using uim-xim for quite a while. Does SCIM also handle console input properly?

#3 2009-03-04 18:18:01

iosonofabio

Runiq wrote:

I've been using uim-xim for quite a while. Does SCIM also handle console input properly?

The Right Answer is: now there is a new wiki page, try it smile

If you mean TTY without an X-server, I haven't tried it yet. If you mean a normal terminal emulator, both GTK-based (or VTE-based) and not, like urxvt, terminal, gnome-terminal, roxterm, sakura, and so forth, the answer is yes.

It also works, as a matter of principle, in xterm, but the terminal emulator is not capable of showing your characters - switch to urxvt!

#4 2009-03-04 18:27:14

Runiq

iosonofabio wrote:
Runiq wrote:

The Right Answer is: now there is a new wiki page, try it smile

If you mean TTY without an X-server, I haven't tried it yet. If you mean a normal terminal emulator, both GTK-based (or VTE-based) and not, like urxvt, terminal, gnome-terminal, roxterm, sakura, and so forth, the answer is yes.

It also works, as a matter of principle, in xterm, but the terminal emulator is not capable of showing your characters - switch to urxvt!

D'oh, you're right - sorry for being lazy.

I'm already using urxvt, thanks. smile Good news, maybe I'll switch back to SCIM.

Thanks again smile

#5 2009-03-04 21:10:52

sokuban

Thank you!!

Before I had scim working only in GTK applications. Which worked for me since I mostly use only GTK applications. Urxvt and Virtualbox are the only exceptions. Now I got scim working with everything.

Board footer