You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-16 14:19:33

rafaelgp
Website

Evolution & XC Connect can't find /tmp/gconfd-root/lock/ior

Hello,

I am trying the XC Connect thingy in order to share my diary, task, notes, contacts, etc... with other people online.
I have downloaded and installed Evolution and the XC Connector for linux succesfully.
But I have a problem when I try to connect to the server. I have several erros and checking the log file I have found this:

Could not find the ior file with path: /tmp/gconfd-rafael/lock/ior

That's it. Can't find that file. And such fle is not there indeed.
I wonder if this problem can be because I am running XFCE4 instead of Gnome. Anyway, does anyone has that file in your system? What 's that for?
Any advise is welcomed!

UPDATE: I have found this documentation which explains how to solve this problem:

http://www.xcnetwork.com/xcconnect-evol … -start.jsp

But when I try write the following code:

activation-client -s "repo_ids.has('IDL:GNOME/Evolution/Shell:1.0')"

returns:

Query spec is "repo_ids.has('IDL:GNOME/Evolution/Shell:1.0')"
Activation ID "" RESULT_NONE

When it should return something like this:

Query spec is "repo_ids.has('IDL:GNOME/Evolution/Shell:1.0')"
Activation ID "OAFAID:[OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Shell,stang,localhost.localdomain]" RESULT_OBJECT
IOR:0100... bla bla bla...

I am run out of ideas...

Last edited by rafaelgp (2009-03-16 14:53:19)

#2 2009-03-16 15:02:53

JGC
Developer

Re: Evolution & XC Connect can't find /tmp/gconfd-root/lock/ior

You need to run the dbus session bus. I don't know if XFCE starts it by default though.

#3 2009-03-16 15:42:46

rafaelgp
Website

Re: Evolution & XC Connect can't find /tmp/gconfd-root/lock/ior

Thanks for your quick answer!

Well, at the beginning I had no idea what you were talking about... run the dbus session bus?? After some research this is the situation:

I have HAL in my DAEMONS, which according to the wiki will start automatically DBUS.

Writing

dbus-launch

returns

DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS=unix:abstract=/tmp/dbus-sHvkTi5Biz,guid=fa7dcb0441957aa0fe1ee7fa49be712a
DBUS_SESSION_BUS_PID=6290

Then I start XC Connect writing

./startup.sh

And then loads of things happend. It looks good because I can see things like the IOR numbers and stuff liek that.
But then I am promped to specify the server with which to synchronize, which makes sense, but then I have the same error. It can't find /tmp/gconfd-rafael/lock/ior

I sent a mail to XC connect. Hopefully they can help me to solve this problem. It doesn't looks Arch linux fault, I think.

Board footer