You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-28 10:46:57

JonathanArcher

KDE4(KDEmod): Sudden random logout to KDM

Since the last big Xserver update, at least I started noticing this since then and it may not be connected, I get thrown out of KDE4 every once in a while. Sometimes it is just when I start a new application, independent of the application itself, I get logged out and have to login again in KDM.

Sometimes it just happens when I don't do anything on the computer for a while, which made me suspect that maybe something in the powersaving settings is wierd, but when I switched those off (respectively I switched off anything that would lock my computer or shut it down), it didn't change, I still get thrown out of KDE4 from time to time.

I just run the usual KDE4 processes plus yakuake in background, nothing else that could do something like that. I couldn't really find anything here on the forums about that, only that people can't login at all, but that is not my problem, I can login and use KDE4 just fine.

So, anyone got any ideas?

#2 2009-04-28 11:42:35

brazzmonkey

Re: KDE4(KDEmod): Sudden random logout to KDM

To me, it sounds like X crashing...

what goes up must come down

#3 2009-04-28 14:38:46

bernarcher
Forum Fellow

Any hints from the logs? Especially Xorg.0.log?
dmesg?

To know or not to know ...
... the questions remain forever.

#4 2009-04-28 15:43:04

signor_rossi

Have you enabed the desktop effects? The last time I was thrown out of X I tried to enable them. You may try to start with a clean config and not touch these settings. Or do you have some fancy options enabled in xorg.conf?

#5 2009-04-28 16:20:29

JonathanArcher

Actually I have the effects disabled now, because of something different. But since then it didn't happen, so maybe thats it. I'll get back to you when it happens next and then I am going to check the logs.

Board footer