You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-06 22:24:43

The Orange Peanut

How to reset widget style in KDE4?

I either need to know what program to launch the system settings program, or what file to delete to set the widget style back to Oxygen.  I have it set as GTK+ and it is segfaulting so I can't get to my desktop.  Anyone know?  Changing it in qtconfig doesn't help.

#2 2009-05-07 08:55:55

berbae

Re: How to reset widget style in KDE4?

I don't know "what file to delete to set the widget style back to Oxygen", but if you changed the style as a user, I presume that it is memorized in a file under ~/.kde4, so renaming this directory to ~/.kde4.bak and restarting kde should return to a default configuration.

#3 2009-05-07 18:43:12

grassmonk

The file ~/.kde4/share/config/kdeglobals should contain a line that says

widgetStyle=<your widget style>

Just change it so it says

widgetStyle=oxygen

#4 2009-05-07 20:36:58

anrxc
Website

The Orange Peanut wrote:

I either need to know what program to launch the system settings program, or what file to delete to set the widget style back to Oxygen.  I have it set as GTK+ and it is segfaulting so I can't get to my desktop.  Anyone know?  Changing it in qtconfig doesn't help.

Just changing widgetStyle will not help in your case. The QGtkStyle is broken at the moment and it reports that qt-gtk engine is installed even if it's not. So all your apps are now segfaulting. You can't change it back, not with qtconfig not trough some config file. However this should help you reset your widget style, let me know how it went:

$ cd && export GTK2_RC_FILES="`pwd`/.gtkrc-2.0" && systemsettings

You need to install an RTFM interface.

Board footer