You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-19 06:41:29

allbluedream

Firefox font too large (sometimes)

It almost feels like that Firefox cannot load the correct css at the first run, but it may be something else:

The abnormally large fonts on a webpage (nationalgeographics as an example)
screenshot_004.jpg

After I hit refresh (usually one refresh will do)
screenshot_005.jpg
The font size will go down to normal (please don't say it's too small... it's how it is set up on my machine and I can read it alright)

Anyway, the font rendering is inconsistent. I have fiddled with the layout.css.dpi setting, but to no avail. My problem looks like this one over the Ubuntu forum (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=399030), but I see no real answers there, either. BTW, my rendering of the Ubuntu forum isn't right, either. The fonts are too big and the layout looks skewed, and one single refresh does not help sad

Dear Archers, any suggestions?

Additional info-------------------------------
I use Gnome and I set my dpi is set to 107. However, after experimenting with the default dpi (96), I believe that it is not the source of the problem.

Last edited by allbluedream (2009-05-19 06:44:52)

#2 2009-05-19 12:30:21

dmartins

Re: Firefox font too large (sometimes)

Maybe you sometimes accidentally hold control while using the mouse wheel? This would zoom things in/out. Next time a page looks too big, try going to View > Zoom > Reset.

#3 2009-05-20 00:37:38

allbluedream

Re: Firefox font too large (sometimes)

Thanks for the reply, but zooming is not the problem. Not all texts are out of proportion. Only those which are supposed to be rather small are rendered exceptionally large, and they break the page layout. For example, "Wallpapers by category" is rendered the same in both pics, but the grey texts below are not. In addition, if it's a zoom problem, a single refresh will not bring the texts back to normal.

This is what makes me feel that CSS is not working properly, that the font size of the small texts are not correctly detected/respected. But I cannot google up anything related to this...

Board footer