You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-21 12:32:26

krolpl

Xcompmgr alternative

Hi
I started to use pewkwm few days ago and I really like it there's only one small problem I would like to use some compositing on my desktop, I have tried xcompmgr but it's rather slow, all I need is a little transparency, maybe fading windows, not that much I think. Is there any alternative for xcompmgr? Obviously I know about compiz but I would like to stay wit pekwm.

#2 2009-05-21 12:37:17

app4des

Re: Xcompmgr alternative

If xcompmgr is slow, this is probably a problem with the "EXA" (or XAA if you use old drivers) 2d acceleration of your graphics drivers. Try experimenting with some xorg.conf driver options or changing driver versions.

#3 2009-05-21 12:45:26

krolpl

Re: Xcompmgr alternative

app4des wrote:

If xcompmgr is slow, this is probably a problem with the "EXA" (or XAA if you use old drivers) 2d acceleration of your graphics drivers. Try experimenting with some xorg.conf driver options or changing driver versions.

I am using nvidia driver, I have tried some different setting of xorg.conf but the thing is when I try glxgears with xcompmgr my score is around 320FPS and without xcompmgr it's aroun 6000FPS, why is that?

Board footer