You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-24 01:47:02

heleos

[SOLVED] AwesomeWM swap master

In my infinite quest to find 'my' window manager, I'm back on an awesome kick. I've got my config mostly the way I want it (for now) but I've got a little problem that isn't a big deal, but it's bugging me a little.

I want to be able to set my browser tag to not switch master windows. When I open opera, it will take the fullscreen. When I open a terminal , it will open in the bottom 10% of the screen. I have that set up right now, but it's a little bit of a hack, and breaks when I try to open a second terminal.

Because I haven't yet figured out a way to hold the master window, I have my tag set up as a tile-top layout and mwfact at .1
When I open a terminal, it opens in the bottom part of screen, because that's where the master is set to open in a tile-top layout. I want to be able to use the tile-bottom layout, but keep opera as my master window. Is there a way to do this?

Last edited by heleos (2009-05-24 16:35:31)

#2 2009-05-24 11:43:46

GGLucas

Re: [SOLVED] AwesomeWM swap master

You can use awful.client.setslave(client) in your manage hook, when it detects the tag is your browser tag.

#3 2009-05-24 16:35:21

heleos

Re: [SOLVED] AwesomeWM swap master

Oh look.... There it is, commented right in the config. Thank you again Lucas, you've always been a great help smile

Board footer