You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-09 00:51:08

Yaro

Only get to change the alert sound in Sound Themes in GNOME.

Okay, so I get sick and tired of my current sound theme, decide to go change it and go into Volume Control, since for no apparent reason the GNOME devs wanted to inflict more pain my putting the sound settings in there in 2.26.

I am greeted with this:

window.png

Where's the rest of the settings? If I can't change it in this box, where can I find my theme settings in gconf-editor?

#2 2009-05-31 20:47:37

z5rz

Re: Only get to change the alert sound in Sound Themes in GNOME.

I have been trying to figure this out myself..  This may help somewhat.

The sound conf files are in /etc/sound/events.   Each event, ie "login", shows a specific .wav file.

The .wav files are in /usr/share/sounds.   I am assuming you just drop the sounds in here that you want to use and then change the sound file reference in the event files. 

The interesting thing, is that the sound event files do not reference the actual sound file locations, just the name of the sound file.   I have not idea what file is driving that.....

I haven't had time to goof around with this yet.   I have been trying to find these for a while.   All the references on the web, point to a "sound" program in gnome which is not in Arch.   Some of the other distros, like Fedora have it in there.

#3 2009-05-31 21:17:41

Yaro

Re: Only get to change the alert sound in Sound Themes in GNOME.

z5rz wrote:

I have been trying to figure this out myself..  This may help somewhat.

The sound conf files are in /etc/sound/events.   Each event, ie "login", shows a specific .wav file.

The .wav files are in /usr/share/sounds.   I am assuming you just drop the sounds in here that you want to use and then change the sound file reference in the event files. 

The interesting thing, is that the sound event files do not reference the actual sound file locations, just the name of the sound file.   I have not idea what file is driving that.....

I haven't had time to goof around with this yet.   I have been trying to find these for a while.   All the references on the web, point to a "sound" program in gnome which is not in Arch.   Some of the other distros, like Fedora have it in there.

Not in arch? That's not good. Maybe this should be a bug report, then?

Board footer