You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-05 20:34:13

king.flasher.dave
Website

Amarok slow on collecting files, unable to rename files

Hi!

Was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same problems under Gnome with Amarok 2.1.
I got a huge collection that is read completely (if I do a fresh install) but then Amarok begins creating folders and renaming files following a preset for file conversion (and I can't change that until the WHOLE collection is read). I gotta switch back to a former collection revision. Which pretty much sucks at such a big scale as it's taking hours... hmm
The strange thing is: Amarok keeps renaming files (mostly randomly within the collection) without ever being asked or set to do so. After the first scan it keeps getting slower and slower and nearly crashes the whole system on rescanning the collection.
When I set the file conversion myself it nearly crashes but if I wait like... two hours it will start working again and "apply" the new rules. Again sadly only random on some files (also only moving some files to the new folders created).
I'm so lucky to have a backup...

I might be switching to another player now. It's really sad, as I liked the new design and handling of Amarok 2.1, but this way it's just too much work to cope with using Gnome.

I really don't wanna sound winy about it. Maybe some of you have some ideas regarding this problem?

Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you'll ever regret.

Board footer