You are not logged in.

#1 2009-05-16 18:28:05

kamiheku

Changing conkeror's meta key

So, I've started using conkeror, which is a great browser for us who dislike the rodent. But the problem is that I'm also using wmii, and I like the Alt key, aka Mod1, being my wmii mod key. But conkeror likes that key too, and I really can't figure how to change the meta key (M-) in conkeror. Mod4, or the "Win-key" would be better for me. I understand some of you use conkeror too, so maybe someone could help me? smile

"Click clack, clicketyclacketyclick!"
-- IBM Model M

#2 2009-06-09 23:46:13

Hrod beraht

Re: Changing conkeror's meta key

I think Conkeror is great too, especially after I made a few minor keybinding tweaks.
I looked all over and couldn't find the meta declaration either. The universal argument is easy enough to find, but not the meta. I changed my universal argument to be 'y', in addition to C-u, and added vim-like  j,k functionality for line up/down too, so my Conkeror is now a crazy emacs/vim mash-up tongue

I don't have the exact problem you do, but I did want to change a few of the meta commands. For example, in addition to the default M-n (buffer-next) I also added the same functionality to the 'a' key.

define_key(default_global_keymap, "M-n", "buffer-next");
define_key(default_global_keymap, "a", "buffer-next");

Without an obvious global meta declaration, I suppose as an ugly hack you could just change all of the meta commands manually to something else.

Bob

#3 2009-06-10 14:51:02

kamiheku

Thanks for the reply! I also just changed the buffer-keys to a different scheme (C-page_up/C-page_down, like in firefox), and I'm also going to add some vim-like j+k lovin' smile
I went from wmii to dwm recently, and I'm trying to go from nano to vim, so using j and k in the browser is a good thing for getting used to them.
Also, the countless hours spent playing nethack have also helped there, but now I'm constantly afraid of running into a bloodthirsty minotaur while browsing the internet lol

"Click clack, clicketyclacketyclick!"
-- IBM Model M

#4 2009-06-12 18:56:57

abesto
Website

Here's a .conkerorrc with a bunch of vim-like keybindings (vimperator-like, actually).
http://github.com/abesto/dotfiles/blob/ … conkerorrc

Linux user #476135 || Dotfiles hosted by GitHub

Board footer