You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-19 00:21:00

Maks

Monodevelop crashes

Hi.
I've got a problem with monodevelop, when i try to start the application, it chrashes on the startup-screen. There's not realy an output when i start in a terminal, it only complains about an missing mozilla-lib.

WARNING: Cannot find Mozilla directory containing libgtkembedmoz.so. Some Addins may not be able to function. Please set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to your Mozilla directory.

My system is arch x86_64 and my packages are all up to date. I also deleted my ~/.config/MonoDevelop directory, to startup with a clear configuration, but nothing changed.
Any ideas? smile

Last edited by Maks (2009-04-19 00:23:52)

#2 2009-04-19 10:14:31

BeholdMyGlory

Re: Monodevelop crashes

The library in the warning is part of the following packages:

$ pkgfile libgtkembedmoz.so
community/sunbird
extra/seamonkey
extra/thunderbird

You could try to install one of these packages, and if needed copy the library to wherever monodevelop wants it to be. If it works, monodevelop should probably be repackaged to contain the library.

#3 2009-04-20 00:58:02

clarence

weird. i hve none of the above packages installed and monodevelop does not crash for me... (monodoc does, but that is another story)

i get this warning but monodevelop still starts and works correctly

WARNING: Cannot find Mozilla directory containing libgtkembedmoz.so. Some Addins may not be able to function. Please set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to your Mozilla directory.
WARNING [2009-04-20 10:58:09Z]: Inotify watch limit is too low (8192).
MonoDevelop will switch to managed file watching.
See http://www.monodevelop.com/Inotify_Watches_Limit for more info.
node `classlib-gecko' is not defined on the documentation map

Last edited by clarence (2009-04-20 00:59:33)

fck art, lets dance.

#4 2009-04-21 21:40:34

Maks

Mhm, strange. Like clarence said, there is no problem with the missing lib. After i installed thunderbird an set MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to /usr/lib/thunderbird-2.0 the warning message disappeared, but the problem still remains. hmm

#5 2009-07-19 14:34:44

bradbajuz
Website

As for the Inotify Watch Limit message, follow the steps below (http://monodevelop.com/Inotify_Watches_Limit):

Inotify Watches Limit

When available, MonoDevelop uses Inotify to keep track of changes in files. In some systems, the maximum number of allowed watch handles may be too low, and may prevent MonoDevelop to work properly.

To avoid this situation, MonoDevelop will switch to managed file watching if the watches limit is lower than 9000. Managed file watching is less efficient than Inotify based file watching, so it is highly recommended to adjust the Inotify configuration and increase the watches limit. The default is 8192. 16384 is good, 32768 is probably more than enough.

To change the limit, run:

# echo 16384 > /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches

To make the change permanent, edit the file /etc/sysctl.conf and add this line to the end of the file:

fs.inotify.max_user_watches=16384

Maks, what WM + Theme are you using?

-Brad

Board footer