You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-23 20:23:41

yvonney

Firefox + Scrapbook add-on : Trying to STOP FFox dependence [bit-OT]

[OBJECTIVE: have access 'offline' to my 1000's of scrapbook'd webpages ON my machine without NEEDING to use Firefox with scrapbook addon]

I would NOT have posted on the beloved forums here unless I had all but given up after several months of regular think sessions and searches through google and my mind.

I've got a single firefox scrapbook addon folder that basically is about 4 gig. I love firefox of course for a few of the addons. I'm down to only a few webdev type addons and have thought I'd MUCH rather be using some of the lighter browsers. SO: I thought and looked and tried to get myself OFF the scrapbook addon.

MANY attempts and ideas tried or partly tried:

- attempts to turn entire SB (scrapbook) into a PDF  uhhh....
- use the export feature of SB and just keep the main folder as it is and have the HTML/LINKS page available for use with other browsers. (seems like best plan at this point)
- various experiments with html2chm or similar so that it's one file with live links.

I'm really onto thinking/working on this dilemma again as FF 3.5 is almost unusable as it is now. Takes FOREVER to load anything. Sure it'll get improved or fixed though.... hmmm..
And, I don't like HAVING to use FFox.

Have I missed something?

thanks!

Last edited by yvonney (2009-07-24 23:02:14)

Board footer