You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-24 16:51:13

jimmy the saint

openbox + trayer = teeny tiny tray icons

I have Debian on this particular laptop (my other laptop is an arch box).  The arch laptop has a lower resolution screen, so this particular issue isn't one.  Anyway, I run Openbox on both with trayer and tint2.  Also, the Debian laptop uses most of the config files from the arch setup so as far as openbox is concerned, there aren't too many debian specific changes. 

My problem is that no matter how big I make trayer height-wise, the tray icons are tiny.  I can't seem to find a way to make them bigger.  I have liferea running, and the tray icon is supposed to tell me how many new articles there are.  Unfortunately, the number displays so small that I can't read it.  It's like 2 or three pt! 

I have changed the height value in trayer, which gives me a big grey bar with tiny icons.  Is there a way to enlarge the icons so they useful?

Thanks

JTS

#2 2009-07-24 22:39:13

djszapi
Website

Re: openbox + trayer = teeny tiny tray icons

trayer --help ?

#3 2009-07-25 10:29:13

bandito

@jimmy the saint

From 0.7 on, tint2 has a built in support for systray, you might give it a try. Documentation, for 0.7 can be found under donwloads section, on tint2s home page.

Best regards,

bandito

#4 2009-07-25 16:24:29

jimmy the saint

@djszapi:  Yes.  Thank you.  I actually did try [man trayer] first and there is nothing about icon size.  Even putting heighttype to request does nothing because the icons are simply too small.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

@bandito:  I am considering it, but I have been quite satisfied with trayer up until this high resolution monitor has rendered the icons too small for my tired eyes.  Still, a tray is useless if you can't see whats in it, so it looks like tint2's tray will be activated after all!

Thanks

JTS

Board footer