You are not logged in.

#1 2009-07-28 10:05:53

LionStone

Suddenly it's slow, shortcuts stopped to work and firefox won't start

Today when I started up my computer something was wrong. I use xfce4 and SLiM to login. When I login and xfce starts it's take much longer time to startup than it used to. Now I have to wait while everything is black ( except for the mouse pointer) for a couple of seconds. when I can see my panel it disappear for a short time and comes back, I'm not sure if it used to do that.

Some of my keyboard shortcuts doesn't work, but some does (I can still change the lightning but I can't change the sound volume from the key shortcuts. I can't start the terminal from there but if I start it from somewhere else it's no problems).

Firefox doesn't start. Gives me error:

$ firefox

** ERROR **: Resource problem creating '/tmp/orbit-peter'
aborting...
Aborted

I can start firefox with sudo.

While looking for the cause of this problem I noticed that D-Bus failed to in the boot process. I don't understand exactly what D-Bus does so I don't know if that can be the problem.

I have no idea what could have cause this problem. I haven't been hacking in any text settings files lately. Yesterday I installed the game neverball from pacman if that could have something to do with it. Maybe I made some updates with pacman -Syu but I can't remember what the updates was.

Does someone know what causes my problem or at least can help me solve this? please smile

#2 2009-07-28 10:30:54

LionStone

Re: Suddenly it's slow, shortcuts stopped to work and firefox won't start

Now I feel stupid. The problem was that my system partition was full. I removed some files and now it's back to normal. but D-Bus still fail.

hmm... I probably shouldn't have used the default values on install wink tongue

#3 2009-07-28 12:38:35

scarecrow

Re: Suddenly it's slow, shortcuts stopped to work and firefox won't start

LionStone wrote:

Now I feel stupid. The problem was that my system partition was full. I removed some files and now it's back to normal. but D-Bus still fail.

hmm... I probably shouldn't have used the default values on install wink tongue

Is it really failing? Please check the permissions of the .config folder at your user's directory.

Microshaft delenda est

Board footer