You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-09 06:40:19

guitarMan666

KDE desktop does not come up after log out

I have updated KDE to the lastest version using the Arch packages.  It worked wonderfully the first time, all of my widgits were intact and my desktop was just as I had left it, custom background and everything. Then, however, I logged out to make sure Fluxbox worked.  Now, even after rebooting, the KDE desktop doesn't come up.  It will bring up Pidgin which was running before but the taskbar and all of the widgets are gone and it has this grey background that is the same as the one in the KDM.

No errors are produced, although it does now ask for the password for a Wallet that "Plasma Desktop" wants to access.  I recognise the name of the wallet (kdewallet) and input the password correctly after this, two notifications pop up with informational thing.  One is about some indexing service being "rebuilt" for new features and the other is saying that it's falling back on a different sound output.  None of this seems to have an impact on the limited usability I have.

Has anyone else expereinced this?  Are there any log files where errors would be outputted to?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2009-08-09 09:30:44

berbae

Re: KDE desktop does not come up after log out

Look into the $HOME/.xsession-errors log file...
You seem to experience a Plasma crash.

#3 2009-08-09 10:08:16

guitarMan666

I have found the relevent messages.  They are at a pastebin. http://pastebin.ca/1522805

I'm not entirely sure what is going on here.

After the top line of that post, there are a LOT of errors related to "No block with decorrelation terms" in fact the vast majority of that file are those things.  All other "errors" are warnings related to my Fluxbox session which is working fine.

Lines 1, 11 and 12 seem to be the most severe errors:

[0xa2412b0] main input error: ES_OUT_RESET_PCR called
"/usr/bin/dolphin(4560)" Error in thread 3049428752 : "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown - The name org.kde.nepomuk.services.nepomukstorage was not provided by any .service files"
"/usr/bin/dolphin(4560)" Error in thread 3049428752 : "QLocalSocket::connectToServer: Invalid name"

I have no idea where to even begin fixing them. However it is Nepomuk that comes up with the rebuilding message i mentioned in my previous post.

Last edited by guitarMan666 (2009-08-09 10:10:05)

#4 2009-08-09 10:17:04

szabo

Try deleting /home/YourUsername/.kde4/share/config/dolphinrc
Doing a backup of it would probably be a good idea.

Board footer