You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-09 15:47:58

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Evolution calendar on desktop, rainlendar/conky/what else?

Hi all, I've been missing appointments due to not taking the time to manually check my calendar (you know how you start coding at 9am and look at and its 5 pm?). I had the same issue previously with email, so I wrote a simple script to serve my offlineimap non-read subject lines in my conky, and its served me well. Now I want to do something similar with my evo calendar.

Basically, I've seen some fairly convulated script-based guides to parsing ical for conky, as well as (obviously) rainlendar, which is a separate program from conky. Which should I be using, my concerns being ease of setup and modification (one-time costs are okay, but constantly having to tweak is a bit of a pain), as well as supporting showing coming events in an easy-to-understand format (just a text list of the next 10 events is hard to parse when I glance at it).

Any suggestions/links I could read for comparison/better options I should consider?

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer