You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-16 09:25:04

Insane-Boy

mplayer problem

When I'm watching a movie after a few minutes my screen turns black and i have to move the mouse as to turn it on again.This has happened since i updated yesterday to kde 4.3.Any ideas?

#2 2009-08-16 09:45:13

rusty99

Re: mplayer problem

Try adding this to .mplayer/config

# Disable screensaver
stop-xscreensaver=yes

#3 2009-08-16 19:36:49

djszapi
Website

Hello Insane-Boy!

Which driver/kernel/xorg version do you use ? Did you try it out in other wm/de, and with other application too?

#4 2009-08-16 19:41:07

skottish
Forum Fellow

djszapi wrote:

Hello Insane-Boy!

Which driver/kernel/xorg version do you use ? Did you try it out in other wm/de, and with other application too?

It's an Mplayer configuration issue and not a hardware, X, DE or anything else problem.

man Mplayer has the rest of the story:

-heartbeat-cmd
              Command that is executed every 30 seconds during playback via system() - i.e. using
              the shell.

NOTE:  MPlayer uses this command without any checking, it is your responsibility to
              ensure it does not cause security problems (e.g. make sure to use full paths if "."
              is  in your path like on Windows).  It also only works when playing video (i.e. not
              with -novideo but works with -vo null).

This can be "misused" to disable screensavers that do not support the proper X  API
              (also  see  -stop-xscreensaver).  If you think this is too complicated, ask the au‐
              thor of the screensaver program to support the proper X APIs.

EXAMPLE for xscreensaver: mplayer -heartbeat-cmd "xscreensaver-command -deactivate"
              file

EXAMPLE  for  GNOME  screensaver: mplayer -heartbeat-cmd "gnome-screensaver-command
              -p" file

Board footer