You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-25 14:48:41

munkyeetr

System doesn't shutdown completely after installing catalyst 9.8-1

I recently downloaded and successfully installed catalyst-utils-9.8-1 from AUR, then got compiz running (these were the only changes I've made to my install that I can think of), and now when I shutdown my system, I don't see the Arch shutdown messages, thought there the harddisk indicator light is working away, then it goes out, but the power remains on and the fans keep running. I have to manually hold the power button down to shut it off.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas of where to look? I've checked my logs, and don't see anything jumping out at me.

Thanks,
Munky

If the advice you're given in this forum solves your issue, please mark the post as [SOLVED] in consideration to others.

"More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly." -- Woody Allen

#2 2009-08-27 04:13:55

munkyeetr

Re: System doesn't shutdown completely after installing catalyst 9.8-1

*bump*

If the advice you're given in this forum solves your issue, please mark the post as [SOLVED] in consideration to others.

"More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly." -- Woody Allen

Board footer