You are not logged in.

#1 2009-09-05 16:36:37

jojo1028

Screen suspend + gnome only works the first time

Hi all,

Being new here , i hope i'm posting in the right place.
I've just installed arch i686 , everything is running like clockwork, nearly everything actually.

i'll try to explain the problem shortly.

i've set screensaver to start after 1minute and the screen to suspend after 2 for testing. After a boot, these settings works like a charm, moving the mouse, enter password and go on working. After that, after 1 minute idling, screensaver starts but the screen never switch off. If i open the gnome application to manage power, re-apply my settings, it will work but just the first time.

It's not a big issue, i know that i've just have to re appply settings each time i leave or switch off monitors manually but it's a bit annoying, and i'm curious , i'd really like to solve this little problem. As i'm not a linux guru at all, i don't know where to start searching, any clue will be greatly appreciated.

Thx in advance.

Jojo.

P.S.: sorry if it's a bit confused and for my english smile.

#2 2009-09-05 18:00:13

loafer

Re: Screen suspend + gnome only works the first time

This seems to be a fairly common problem in gnome.  It happens to me occasionally and there have been various forum posts about it.  I am not aware of a solution at present.

All men have stood for freedom...
For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside down.
Gerrard Winstanley.

#3 2009-09-05 23:13:34

jojo1028

Re: Screen suspend + gnome only works the first time

Thx for your answer loafer,

i'm still "googleing" to find a clue. I'm sure the answer is simple, one day, i ll find it. smile

I'm still looking for clues anyway. big_smile

Thx in advance.

Jojo.

Board footer