You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-06 22:27:30

Blind

libflashplugin.so crashes

Alright, so I have had this problem for ages now, and I have now decided to ask the powerful community here for help.

I am using dwm together with chromium-snapshot from AUR.
Nevertheless, I had the same happening with LXDE and openbox, and a variety of browsers.
When visiting www.thedailyshow.com, chromium reports a crash of libflashplugin.so. With aurora and midori, the browsers simply segfault. I guess it is worthy to note that those are ALL webkit based browsers.
However, youtube works just fine, and so do a whole bunch of other flash based sites. Does anybody have a suggestion where one could even start to look for the culprit? There is no real debug output...it's an Eee 901.

I have a work laptop, where I have KDE installed. E.g. Konqueror und Firefox work just fine there...
I have a gut feeling that libflashplugin.so depends on something that is installed with KDE and/or firefox, but when I do a ldd libflashplugin.so, there is nothing missing...

Thanks for any input!
Blind

PS: gnash just doesn't cut it on the Eee

#2 2009-10-07 13:23:02

Blind

Re: libflashplugin.so crashes

Ok,

some more information:

I installed Firefox and on the same Eee PC installation, it works just fine.
Maybe a java script issue?
How could one find out? And where would one report? This seems to be webkit related...

#3 2009-10-07 14:56:52

Blind

Re: libflashplugin.so crashes

Woha - this gets more and more interesting.
Now I have installed chromium-snapshot in my KDE environment, and ....
dadaaa, it works!

So, short summary:
1. midori/arora/chromium-snapshot do not work in a fairly minimal DE, such as LXDE/openbox or dwm
2. chromium-snapshot works in KDE (midori/arora not tested)
3. firefox does not have a problem in either DE
4. when chromium-snapshot and firefox are both installed in a minimal DE, chromium-snapshot still doesn't work

Conclusions:
????   Aaaaaaargh!
What does KDE have that dwm doesn't? What does firefox have that chromium-snapshot doesn't?
I am confused

Board footer