You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-23 03:19:02

shak

[SOLVED] openbox font issues

Hi guys!

I have successfully changed from gnome to openbox and i'm loving it, i removed both gnome and gnome-extra packages . Howerver it seems that i have to lower the font sizes

that i was using in gnome . For example from sans 9 i went to sans 7 to get about the same results . The font rendering is not same also although i 've used the .font.conf from wiki .

Is this due to the dpi changed ?

Also for some reason fonts in gedit (i wanted to keep gedit) and fonts in webpages in firefox , not all webpages , for example here is just fine but in some others the fonts are too big . Can't understand why . I edit my gtkrc2-0.mine file and it seems that the webpages in firefox , the font used to type in gedit doesn't respect these settings .

What i can do to fix this ? (Another strange thing is that what i'm typing here is different to what i type in the webpage bar ) Maybe this has to do with the settings for firefox ??

Thanks for your help!

------ My mistake apparently i 've forgot to edit the dpi size 96x96 in xorg since i used to do it in gnome with gnome appearance . Although the fonts are not exactly like gnome (due to the font rendering) i must i love openbox so far smile

Last edited by shak (2009-11-24 01:44:04)

#2 2009-11-24 01:41:06

skottish
Forum Fellow

Re: [SOLVED] openbox font issues

Please mark threads as solved when they are.

Board footer