You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-15 02:59:32

despotic

Flash video plays fast in fullscreen

Hello,

I have a bit of a wierd problem. I have a 64bit archlinux and flash was running fine until a recent system upgrade. After the upgrade, flash was still running fine, but when I maximized a video (youtube or other sites) the movie would play fast as if it is fast forwarded (not an issue prior the update). When I go out of fullscreen, video plays normal speed again. What was even more weird is that since all of this was happening in Firefox, if I played a video in konqueror (using the same plugin) the video would play fine. Then all of a sudden it would do the same in Konqueror.

That was all with Flash plugin version 10.0.something ... don't really remember, but it was one that I believe I installed with pacman (flashplugin) which doesn't seem to be supported no more (at least for 64bit).

I have since "upgraded" to 32bit Flash 10,1,82,76 via nspluginwrapper-flash hoping that it would resolve the issue, but no luck. I still have the same fast playing issue in full screen and normal play rate otherwise.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

#2 2010-08-15 03:37:30

karol
Archivist

Re: Flash video plays fast in fullscreen

#3 2010-08-15 04:30:00

despotic

Re: Flash video plays fast in fullscreen

Thanks for the link, but I'm only affected when the video is playing full screen. When the video is playing at normal resolution, it is fine.

Board footer