You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-25 04:31:07

Strazku

Linux client that works with OWA. Recommendation Please!

Heya, I've been trying to search for a client that works with OWA so I can use it to log into my school email.  However, I've yet to find one that seems compatible.  I'm currently using Archbang (just reinstalled this distro yesterday, and WOW).  If there's a way I can get Email Claws to configure properly to effectively log into my school email account then great!  But if there's another client that perhaps you all may have experience with then, maybe you could share with me? big_smile

#2 2010-08-25 05:58:28

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Linux client that works with OWA. Recommendation Please!

Evolution has pretty good OWA support.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2010-08-25 06:07:23

sand_man

ngoonee wrote:

Evolution has pretty good OWA support.

I think it only works with Exchange 2003 though. I could never get it to work with 2008.
What I want to know (sorry for the minor hijack) is how come some smart phones like Android based and iOS are able to connect directly to an Exchange server but there doesn't seem to be any desktop clients that do the same thing?

Last edited by sand_man (2010-08-25 06:29:33)

neutral

#4 2010-08-25 07:14:40

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

The new OWA is sufficiently changed that they gave up on it. Even Mail.App doesn't do OWA anymore. There's evolution-mapi (just been uploaded to the AUR) for >2003 Exchange servers, so its inaccurate to say that there aren't any. No KDE ones, though, and Thunderbird is just a crapshoot for those purposes.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2010-08-25 12:28:23

shemz

In my belief most exchange servers are configured to allow IMAP4 or POP3 protocols. Though you wouldn't have all the bells and whistles like meeting scheduler, basic messaging works flawlessly within claws and sylpheed. For address book, (at least) claws can use openldap, so check with your admin if there is any ldap server in your school. And lastly, ask your school to use open source messaging solutions. tongue

Board footer