You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-04 21:46:26

Psikon

Arch 64bit and 32bit games under wine

Hi there,

I am using an x86_64bit version of arch linux and have tried to use Civilization IV and Warcraft III with wine. But i have no usable Framerates. I have tried a lot of issues from Google Searches and from this forum but i cannot handle this problem. My first idea was, that my drivers are not installed correctly. But programs like glxinfo and glxgears says that there is hardware rendering enabled and compiz also works fine. After some researches today i think to have a new idea for my problem.
First i need to say, that i have an Thinkpad T400 with onborad graphics Intel HD4500 or so on. On Ubuntu with wine there were no problems in using Civ IV and Warcraft III, but under Arch Linux i cannot get it to work correctly. The Ubuntu was also an 64bit version.

Is it possible that wine need 32bit libaries for the graphics driver because of the 32bit games? I have only installed the normal pacman packages for my system, which only compile the drivers for 64bit. If this can fix fix the problem. How can I install 32bit and 64 bit drivers on one system?

I am relativly new to Arch Linux, so pls tell me the right commands if you need mor informations. And thank you for your issues.

#2 2010-09-05 04:00:56

PirateJonno
Forum Fellow

Re: Arch 64bit and 32bit games under wine

Psikon wrote:

Is it possible that wine need 32bit libaries for the graphics driver because of the 32bit games? I have only installed the normal pacman packages for my system, which only compile the drivers for 64bit. If this can fix fix the problem. How can I install 32bit and 64 bit drivers on one system?

This is almost definitely the problem. First, add the new [multilib] repo (see the news page for how to do this). Then run pacman -Syu lib32-intel-dri (assuming you are using the 64-bit intel-dri. otherwise you may have to build something from the AUR).

"You can watch for your administrator to install the latest kernel with watch uname -r" - From the watch man page

#3 2010-09-05 11:41:07

Psikon

Re: Arch 64bit and 32bit games under wine

That solved all my problems with wine. all two games are now running with playable framerates. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Board footer