You are not logged in.

#1 2010-09-27 17:13:46

digitalphoenix

Compiz doesn't start and removes window borders.

I am getting a weird message after I execute fusion-icon. As the composition tries to begin, the Gnome enviroment returns with windows having no borders. And the message reads:

* Using the GTK Interface
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GtkWindow)
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GtkInvisible)
** Message: pygobject_register_sinkfunc is deprecated (GtkObject)
 * Decorator "" is invalid.
 * Setting decorator to Emerald ("emerald --replace")
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)
 * Starting Compiz
 ... executing: compiz --replace --sm-disable --ignore-desktop-hints ccp
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)

Ati drivers and libgl is installed, Window Decorator, resize, and move is selected but no cigar. Any ideas on why this keeps happening? Xorg conflict maybe? I heard that there is a compatibility problem with the latest Xorg and compiz.

Last edited by digitalphoenix (2010-09-27 17:16:38)

#2 2010-09-27 22:23:17

xaber

Re: Compiz doesn't start and removes window borders.

Did you carefully follow the wiki when installing?

Also, did you install pygobject?

Last edited by xaber (2010-09-27 22:25:17)

Board footer