You are not logged in.

#1 2010-08-30 11:43:30

Ryuujin

Icons, icons, icons... help! [gnome, gtk]

I've been trying for a while to get a "unified" icon theme in gnome for the taskbar to no avail.

I've installed "ubuntu-mono 0.0.20-2" from AUR, some of the icons look great like transmission-gtk and networkmanager. But others like pidgin, "Volume Applet 2.30.0" and dropbox stay the same. I also installed "dropbox-ubuntu-mono-dark" from AUR and "dropbox-experimental 0.8.95-1" but the icon doesn't change.  I tried with other popular icon packs like "elementary-icons 2.4-2", same issue. I change the icon themes/sets in "gnome-appearance-properties".

So I have two questions:

- Can someone share a guide/tutorial/[...] that explains how linux/gtk/gnome deals with themes and icons? (where are the images stored, where everything goes, [...]). What do the people over at gnome-look read to get started?

- A simple program for editing icon themes? It seems really tedious to browse /usr/share/icons/[icontheme]/[category]/[size] =/

List of programs I have in the taskbar:
- network manager
- transmission
- rhythm box
- pidgin
- dropbox
- volume applet

#2 2010-10-10 18:58:14

duendetuc

Re: Icons, icons, icons... help! [gnome, gtk]

I have the same problem. Ubuntu-mono doesn't have icons in the status/16 folder. So it uses icons from humanity

Last edited by duendetuc (2010-10-10 18:59:07)

Board footer