You are not logged in.

#1 2010-10-02 14:23:20

Lowra

Canon Pixma MP250 detected by CUPS, but unusuable :/

Hi

Recently, after checking this webpage, I decided to buy a Canon Pixma MP250.

I followed the Archwiki cups article, Cups detects my printer, but then I have to choose the correct model in the cups list and guess what... There is NO Canon Pixma MP250 -_-'

I downloaded from the canon website a driver (cnijfilter-source-3.20-1.tar.gz) and tried with it, but there is no way to get it working hmm
I saw RPM, DEB package on the canon website too.

I also saw a package for my printer in the AUR, but it can't work on my 64bit system hmm

Could you help me please ?

Thanks wink

Last edited by Lowra (2010-10-02 14:29:19)

#2 2010-10-04 18:24:59

dioltas

Re: Canon Pixma MP250 detected by CUPS, but unusuable :/

Hi,

What happened when you tried to compile that source tarball?

On this page there seems to be a 64-bit version.
http://support-my.canon-asia.com/conten … 36101.html

It says

- Officially supports the 64 bit version of each OS.

Bit of a strong claim!

There's a script called install.sh in the tarball on that page that you could try running.
There's also .deb files there, which can be installed on arch I'm sure, can't remember the programs needed though.

In a rush so can't post more at the moment, but hope this helps.

#3 2010-10-10 19:15:48

olive

Re: Canon Pixma MP250 detected by CUPS, but unusuable :/

I reply a little late but anyway. I have the Pixma270 printer which should works exactly the same as the MP250. I manage to having it working using the cnijfilter-mp250 package (available on the AUR) together with modified ppd file available here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p= … stcount=30 . It was on a 32 bits system. With a little work it should be possible to make it work on a 64 bits system .

UPDATE: I have just seen that your problem is 64 bits specific. I suggest you to build the package on a 32 bits system (maybe in a chroot or a dual boot in another partition). Then install the package with the required compatibility libraries for the executables to work. If that still do not works, things are more complicated. You could for example install the package in a 32 bits linux that you keep in another directory/partitions install it also in the 64 bits system and replace all executables by a script that chroot in the 64 bits system and call the corresponding executable with the proper arguments (this is a little tricky and untested).

Last edited by olive (2010-10-10 19:22:51)

Board footer